Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Party



The Twilight party went was pretty cool if I do say so myself. We decorated two rooms in the house. The dining area and the sleepover room.

Each girl got a twilight t-shirt and necklace and we added SPARKLE to our faces and a bit of purple eyeliner so we could all be vampires (Jordan wouldn't do it, I think he relates better to Jacob) Once we were all sparkly we went to see the movie Twilight. For 3 of us it was the second time and it was still a good movie. After the movie, Dad went to pick up take out at Olive Garden. Of course it had to be Italian food.

The girls worked on their charm bracelets while we waited for the food to arrive. I had only planned to have Bella, Edward and Jacob photos but we had an Emmet lover in the group and Susanne wanted Alice so I quickly printed some extra photos. There was one "team Jacob" girl but we forgave her.

The decorations turned out pretty cool. Jordan managed to find the Lion and lamb figurine at Hobby Lobby when we were getting other supplies. It was PERFECT! I used a black table cloth, red tissue paper, an apple, red ribbon, chess pieces and the book to decorate the table. We tied black and red crepe paper to the chair back and also hung it from the chandelier. I took quotes from the books and scattered them all over the table. I found plastic goblets at HL as well and dipped the rim in red colored corn syrup. It dripped down the sides of the glass like blood and hardened. We served Shirley Temple's in them. The cake of course said "Happy Birthday Bella" and we even sang "Happy Birthday Bella" to her. She LOVED it! Who wouldn't want to be Bella?


The bedroom decorations were neat too. We hung the black and red crepe paper in ribbons straight down from the ceiling, hung movie posters and had several "props" on the shelf. The vase is Kyle's from when we went to Jeckle and Hyde's in NYC several years ago and the quote fit our theme well. Of course those are parrot tulips. The piano, baseball and glove are all themed from the books as well. I even printed a mock email from Bella to Renee and taped it to an old computer in the room. Unless you looked close it really apeared as though the computer was on.


























All in all I think everyone had a good time. The only bad part was coming back to reality the next day. But I guess Susanne really didn't do that.



1 comment:

  1. It looks like Susanne already has everything "Twilight" - clothes, necklace, books, posters - what's left? I found this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P5GRYW?ie=UTF8&tag=helpingmomsco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001P5GRYW

    Would she like it - and would she be willing to wait until the end of March for her gift?

    ReplyDelete