Friday, October 30, 2009

Barn Time




I spend a portion of every day here, at Victory Farms. Caring for and occasionally riding my two horses Jupiter and Star. Star is the Chestnut mare shown here with Luna the very patient donkey. Jupiter is the Appaloosa gelding aka "pig pen". He is often so covered in mud and dirt that if you pat his side a large cloud of dust rises from his coat. Star is slowly recovering from a cut tendon and Jupiter is currently suffering from a case of bucking bronco. Neither is very rideable at the moment and I've missed all of cubbing for fox hunting this season. :o(
Barn time is filled with brushing, bandaging, bathing, feeding, mucking, medicating, cleaning water buckets and shower racks, applying fly spray and occasionally the wild ride. Manual labor, being outside, and caring for animals feeds my soul. Luckily, Dawn (the barn owner) tolerates my presence and freely shares her wealth of horse knowledge with me. I get cranky pretty quickly if I don't get my barn time.
Here are some of my other "Barn Friends".
Ace and Jupiter - Two spotted butts.
Reich and Rane - The puppies


Izzy the cat
And...
Leo the mini donkey














No comments:

Post a Comment