Friday, January 2, 2009

A Beginning

I guess everyone needs to start somewhere. This new year I've decided to do a blog for family and friends, but mostly for me.

In the life time search for who we are and to discover our purpose we are often defined as some one's mother, wife, or friend. Those are of course true but not a complete picture of who we really are. As I have filled my life with those roles, I find myself always searching for happiness in the "Thank You", or "Good Job" that rarely accompanies any role. This is not malicious neglect on the part of others but simple pre-occupation with ones own life and daily whirlwind. True happiness doesn't come from external forces however. It comes from giving with joy and believing in your self worth regardless of other's opinions.

This year I'm going to work on self-validation and true happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for you! And great start! I love what you've done so far!!! And while I'm at it, let me say, thank you for being the best sister and friend anyone could ever ask for. Maybe I don't say it enough, but I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you too are so sappy. Blech. Welcome D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee - you officially have more "followers" after the first day of having your blog posted than I have after 3 months! How do you do it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, why are you up so early? Secondly, I only have two followers. That would be you and Krystal. Not exactly a feat! And thanks, I love you too. :o)

    ReplyDelete